Thursday, December 09, 2004

The Godlike

A week in the United States, such as I have just
spent, is enough to make anybody feel a trifle
fed up with God, or rather with the relentless
invocation of the deity by American politicians,
led by their president. No public occasion would
be complete without the blessing of the Almighty
being besought for whatever endeavour tops the
agenda, most prominently the war in Iraq. The
appeal to faith, seldom mere ritual, is usually
founded upon conviction.


I couldn't agree more but I would go much farther.

The appeal to politics is just a faith of a different
sort and just as annoying, but when combined, it
makes smoke come outta my ears.

Two belief systems, both pedaling their new road
apples.

Aack!

These people are the new junkies.

They have no life of their own and they're bound
and determined to insure that no other drug will
survive.

They will lose.

Words describing my disgust at the fools escape me,
living as they do completely in Dreamland, waiting
for their Saviors.

When the Roman Empire fell, it left behind The Holy
Roman Catholic Church.

What'll it be this time around?

Full article.