Friday, December 31, 2004

Robert Anton Wilson's Reality

Personally, I see two or three UFOs every week.
This does not astonish me, or convince me of the
spaceship theory, because I also see about 2 or 3
UNFOs every week --Unidentified Non-Flying
Objects. These remain unidentified (by me)
because they go by too fast or look so weird that
I never know whether to classify them as
hedgehogs, hobgoblins or helicopters-- or as
stars or satellites or spaceships -- or as
pookahs or pizza-trucks or probability waves. Of
course, I also see things that I feel fairly safe
in identifying as hedgehogs or stars or pizza
trucks, but the world contains more and more
events that I cannot identify fully and
dogmatically with any norm or generalization. I
live in a spectrum of probabilities,
uncertainties and wonderments.

Perhaps I got this way by studying Finnegan's
work. Or maybe I just drank too much linn dubh
during my years in Ireland.

Quite entertaining.

The whole reality check.