Friday, July 14, 2006

Why is this?

"The member of a primitive clan might express his
identity in the formula 'I am we'; he cannot yet
conceive of himself as an 'individual,' existing
apart from his group." --Eric Fromm

Update:

[See comments on this post.]

Rick and Devlin, both good friends and otherwise
Bright Sparks, are believers in the Group Mind-
Fuck, both the generic and the specific kinds.
They don't agree with Eric and me and they know
how I feel and think about it, therefore their
comments are directed at the hapless passerby
here. It's to these hapless folks that I direct
the rest of this post.

Are you a bee, a sheep or a lemming?

I thought not.

Then simply stand in front of the mirror each
morning and say, "I'm not and I won't."

It's that simple.

I never said it'd be easy and I won't.

Now we'll watch the unfolding of The Greatest
Mind-Fuck in history brought to you by The All
Glorious Tribes kicking each others' asses.

Best not to be near if you can avoid it. Doubtful,
this.

Now I'm going back to my cave.

Give me a holler when it's over...of course,
that's if you're still here.