Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Why I blog

I knew a fellow once who ran a very successful
restaurant for a long time before he retired. I
asked him one day what was the secret of his
success. He told me, "I cook for myself. I tell
people that don't like my food about another
restaurant up the road apiece, 'Perhaps you'll
like their food better'. Trying to please,
everyone usually satisfies only a few, if that.
I feed 'em in my style."

His food was excellent. I liked his style.

That applies to blogs as well, and there's
plenty of fare to chose from, ain't there. Been
there and chosen myself. I do it every day like
you do, looking for that special something that
someone has to say that blows my skirt up. If I
can't find it, I don't hang around. I hope you
do likewise, here and elsewhere. Life is short.

I do this blog thing to please myself and yes,
there are multiple reasons that happens but you
regulars already know I'm a person of few words
so I'm leaving it at that.

As far as I can tell, that's why everyone else
does it too.

If you can't please yourself first, why bother?