Sunday, September 30, 2007

Living on hope

LANSING - Governor Jennifer M. Granholm tonight addressed the state and said citizens should expect a partial shutdown of state government, absent any late action by the Republican-controlled Senate and Democratic-controlled House of Representatives to pass a comprehensive budget solution that will prevent massive cuts to public safety, health care, and education.
...
"The Constitution is clear," Granholm said in a statewide televised address. "Without a balanced budget in place, state government cannot write a single check. But tonight I am hopeful, because productive negotiations are now underway in my office that could head off this government shutdown while there is still time. We have made significant progress in the last 48 hours, and we have narrowed our differences. I am doing all that I can to achieve a budget agreement, however, there is one thing I will not do. I will not accept a budget that makes massive cuts to education, health care, and public safety."
More irrational behavior on the part
of a pol.

She's "hopeful". Muahahahahah.

Hope in one hand and shit in the other
to see which one fills up first.

Full report.