Sunday, November 28, 2004

Elena's photos of Chernobyl

I posted Elena's Anglefire site described below in
the links section on my last blogsite. Now I know
what became of the link.

The note below is written by the donor of the new
site which I'll include in the links on the right
panel here.

Server is averaging 12mbps and 4000+ concurrent
users.

July 7, 2004

First let me say that I have nothing to do with
this project other than donating the bandwidth to
allow the world to see it. When I first saw the
site, Angelfire could not handle the amount of
traffic the site was receiveing. I knew my server
could. Then Angelfire began plastering the site
with banner ads shamelessly trying to make money
off the site. This is the point at which Elena
shut the site down, not because she had anything
to hide.

Regardless of what is true, this site has
certainly made people think more about Chernobyl
and this tragic disaster.

However, this story has been there for years and
has been primarily forgotten and neglected.

After "Elena" brought this story to light,
everyone that claims to be an expert has come
forward identifying it as a hoax or a fraud.

How ironic that although they would label her a
hoax and a fraud, she was able to achieve what
they could not even dream of achieving. Bringing
this issue the world wide attention it deserves.

As the only email contact, I have seen each of
the moving emails that were directed to "Elena."
Her words have definitely made the world think
about this piece of forgotten history. I have
seen every request from news agencies from around
the world, each of the big names, begging for
interviews.

"Elena" wanted nothing to do with these
interviews.

I offered to setup a paypal donate account to
create a fund for the project and local charities.

"Elena" Wanted nothing to do with it.

Did she do it for fame or notoriety or even money?

Or did she do it in order to bring attention to
a forgotten region.


What the fuck difference does it make why
she did it? The question makes smoke come outta
my ears.

Last I heard, private insurance companies never
insured nuclear power plants. Why do you suppose
that is? Maybe they don't trust monkeys playing
with nuclear matches.

Another Grand Experiment blown to hell, and all
that brought to you by another bunch of Glorious
Leaders. (Be sure to go to the bottom of the page
and click thru the Chapters.)

Via John Lopez