Saturday, December 04, 2004

What blogging is all about

Take a look at what Jonathan Wilde at Catallarchy
has to say about blogging.

He gets it right on...

As I’ve written before, the blogosphere is a
market, not a democracy, and its free-market
qualities result in the diverse, bottom-up
spontaneous order we enjoy. Those same qualities
also make the blogosphere radically egalitarian.

...

The blogosphere is one example of the counter-
intuitive idea that markets are much more
egalitarian than centralized structures.


When I first heard about blogging I thought, "who
the hell would wanna do that?" Now I'm a junkie,
trying to uncover that Bad Con we all live in,
posting it to whomever might find value in it.

In Meatspace I'm Clark Kent. In Cyberspace? Well,
sometimes I stumble on my cape.

Why not blog yourself?

When you do, come back and leave your blog address
here in a comment section. I may link to it.

Self-expression.

It rules now.

More than ever before.

MSM (Main Stream Media) is on its deathbed and doesn't
know it yet.

Think about it.