Saturday, October 15, 2005

Effective protection

I had a friend who went to USC many years ago.
Since student housing cost an arm and a leg, he
decided to rent a house in Watts (yes, THAT
Watts), because it was cheap -- even though there
were drug dealers openly selling drugs on the
corners half a block away.

Before moving in, he went to the range, and
poked holes in paper targets with his shotgun.
When he moved in, he used these paper targets to
cover the windows of his house.

I recommend a 12ga. Remington pump, sawed off to
legal length barrel (last I heard, a little more
than 18 inches) with a pistol grip. I would use
"00" buckshot. It fires like a dream. Find an old
junked car to test it on to see what I mean.

As far as I'm concerned, it's the finest personal
protection available and the conversion is easy to
do.

The entire story is well worth a read.