Sunday, March 19, 2006

Wisdom and humor from The Onion

WASHINGTON, DC-A Gallup/Harris Interactive poll
released Monday indicates that nearly nine out of
10 Americans are "tired of having a country."

Oooha.
...
According to study organizer David Griffith,
poll respondents were surprisingly uniform in
their opinion that the nation is too much of a
hassle.

"I already belong to a health club, a church,
and the Kiwanis Club," Tammy Golden of Los
Angeles wrote. "I'm a member of the Von's Grocery
Super Savers, which gets me a discount on certain
groceries. These are all well-managed
organizations with real benefits. None of them
send me a confusing bill once a year and make me
work it out myself, then throw me in jail if I
get it wrong."

Take heed, you other 10%. When the figure reaches
around 99% the country will vanish. Funny thing
is, no one will notice til much later.

Then what will you do?

Bwahahahah.

Full report.