Sunday, June 18, 2006

She's your Mommy now

...or your Daddy. Take your pick.
In a restaurant I saw a warning at the bottom of
the menu, which I can’t reproduce from memory. It
said something like, “The consumption of raw or
uncooked fish or eggs or whatever can do bad
things of some sort.” Why is this here, I
wondered? Is there anyone on the planet that
doesn’t know this? Was the implication that the
restaurant was likely to serve putrescent food,
requiring a warning to the public? Then why not
close it? Later I saw the same warning on the
menu of The Village bistro, a classy restaurant
in Rosslyn, Virginia, where I have eaten for
years. I concluded that it must be governmentally
mandated mommyism, presumably from brainless
affirmative-action office proles with little to
do.

The Sovietizing of America runs apace. It is not
imaginary. The Department of Homeland Security?
KGB stands for Committee for State Security.

Full rant.