Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Neil's way and my way

"The only way to assure peace, progress, and
prosperity is to outlaw the draft, outlaw income
taxation, disarm the government, and arm the
people.

"The only way. Everything else is just
jerking off." -- L. Neil Smith

I like Neil. I liked his book Probability Broach
years ago but I might have a different reaction if
I read it again. I've changed.

Doing what he states above would require using the
same institution with a different set of idiots
to get done. To "outlaw" something requires
some form of government to accomplish. What do you
suppose the next one will do later on?

My take is a bit different:

"The only way to assure peace, progress, and
prosperity is to ignore the draft, ignore all taxes
possible, ignore the government, and arm yourself.

The only way. Everything else is just
jerking off and makes government stronger."

Via Bill St. Clair